I understand the demands on adolescents and young adults to succeed academically, socially, and eventually in the workplace. My approach is active and directive, a level of engagement my clients appreciate. I strive to create a therapeutic environment that rapidly promotes safety, rapport, and trust.
My clients experience early results, building confidence in their continued improvement. As work continues, you will learn concrete tools and tangible skills to improve your behaviors and academic/job performance, skills that will carry over into other areas of your life. When school or job performance is a concern, my focus is the integration of mental health issues with these needs, two aspects of a person’s life that are rarely addressed simultaneously or understood as interdependent.
My practice is geared toward helping my clients conquer emotional, behavioral, and academic challenges by:
- Lessening the impact of anxiety and depression
- Coaching to understand learning processes and utilize learning tools
- Building socialization skills and modeling social behavior
- Establishing structure and routines to support daily life and accomplish goals
- Improving confidence and self-esteem
- Developing coping skills to manage stress
- Addressing technology dependence and “addiction”
- Supporting development of hobbies and other productive, healthy activities